Overstuck Discussion

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overstuck Discussion

Post  Ogaman on August 27th 2013, 1:46 pm

Okay! Discussion time! what are some possible things that could come up in our session?

With a Knight of Doom, and a Knight of Space and one extra player than the game was designed for.

Knight of Space- There won't be enough space in the session? There will be 13 planets and there could be a huge Skaia. Derse and Prospit could be slightly larger than normal. Also! A Session lacking in velocity! The planets would be suspended in their orbits! They would still rotate, but they could be stuck in their season. (Sorry for the disconnected sentences, just trying to get the ideas out there)

Knight of Doom- Will probably be helping the Space player with breeding responsibilities, which may or may not have an adverse affect on the Universe Frog.

Thirteen players- The unlucky number. We've got one more player than the game was designed for. One suggestion was to have some sort of "virus" released with the reckoning.

What do you guys think? These are just suggestions, nothing is set in stone.

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

Coolness : 8
Land : of Checkers and Trampolines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overstuck Discussion

Post  Luminith on August 27th 2013, 2:37 pm

It was bought up earlier that maybe the way our characters all met/got to know each other was through the character who enters the medium first/the first server host (I don't know, whoever, I guess) posts a topic up on a forum, talking about this cool new game and wondering if anyone on the forum wanted to join. Our characters joined up, and this gave us a reason to maybe have some know each other, and maybe have some not know each other, as it's such a big session it may seem a little odd that all 13 of them are friends, you know?

It's sorta just how Overstuck 2.0 came together in the first place, but we could totally make it work in the RP if people wanted it to.

Luminith
Still not an Admin.

Coolness : 3
Land : Land of Waltz and Entropy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emitheoks on August 27th 2013, 5:46 pm

Seems boring. How about there's like a group of people but unknown to the group of four, they all brought friends, and then one other of the friends brings the thirteenth, so like one kid goes, then brings in his three friends, then another kid goes, and then his three, until the end when instead of the last friend connecting with the first kid, the last friend connects to the thirteenth who THEN connects to the kid, and then the four are like 'Woah you brought friends only I was supposed to bring friends' and then they notice the thirteenth and stuff

Emitheoks
Active Smacktive

Land : Land of Yeast and Einsteinium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emitheoks on August 27th 2013, 5:51 pm

Also I think the knight of space will actually mean that maybe our lands could have one thing as a roof over our heads as an obstacle, blocking some/all of the gates, and our quest is to get around that 'obstacle', in my case, a huge thick latex cover over my house and in some areas as tents over my land, places without the latex roof are susceptible to hail.

Emitheoks
Active Smacktive

Land : Land of Yeast and Einsteinium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminith on August 27th 2013, 6:10 pm

Emitheoks wrote:Seems boring. How about there's like a group of people but unknown to the group of four, they all brought friends, and then one other of the friends brings the thirteenth, so like one kid goes, then brings in his three friends, then another kid goes, and then his three, until the end when instead of the last friend connecting with the first kid, the last friend connects to the thirteenth who THEN connects to the kid, and then the four are like 'Woah you brought friends only I was supposed to bring friends' and then they notice the thirteenth and stuff
I'm... not really sure what you're suggesting here?
That there were an original four and then they all bought friends and one guy just up and decides to bring another one because they can? Would that not take a load of pre-planning on the part of the RPers? Who's the original four? Who was the guy that decides to screw the rules and bring a 13th? Who knows who?

Remember we're trying for a quick execution and we still don't all know each other well enough to just jump into random groups and say, yeah, I can do that.

Luminith
Still not an Admin.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Overstuck Discussion

Post  aimlessCourier on August 27th 2013, 6:56 pm

Perhaps while we don't know everyone, we have witnessed some event at a much earlier date. Like, maybe we all witnessed a meteor fall or something. It could have been a fight related to SBURB, possibly US FROM THE FUTURE (that would be complicated though). Maybe we saw something SBURB related, like a fight that involved the creators of OUR universe.

aimlessCourier
Active Smacktive

Coolness : 11
Land : Land of Storms and War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 27th 2013, 7:04 pm

Here's the shipping grid. No shenanigans please, but if you develop a relation IC or have anything prearranged OOC, please update it!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuY30b6rzpUsdHB4WldLTnI2QjlEeVhLNmlNQ1h3bEE#gid=0

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminith on August 27th 2013, 7:42 pm

That's a really cool idea, actually, AC!
Got a whole circuitous structure thing.

Luminith
Still not an Admin.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordJ on August 27th 2013, 8:02 pm

I support the idea that we aren't all actually close friends but that there is something that connects us unbeknownst to us

Also, it seems we might actually have more then 13 players, I already made a post in the signup about that.

P.S.: For the shipping grid, I assume the one on the left side has the feeling for the one on the top? Or is it the other way round? So that we can show one sided feelings. Also, who wanted to stalk me again?

P.P.S.: Why o8< instead of the "canon" c3< ?

Last edited by OverlordJ on August 27th 2013, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found a typo :/)

OverlordJ
Active Smacktive

Coolness : 142
Land : Land of Cards and Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 27th 2013, 8:04 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot about that =/ Also, discuss what this mystery event could be!

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordJ on August 27th 2013, 8:11 pm

Hmm, well, if it's something related to sburb it probably has something to do with meteors...

Or maybe something else went through the defense portals and we saw it back when we were young?

OverlordJ
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 27th 2013, 8:45 pm

Y'all need to be more active in the memo. We thought this up just a few moments ago.

PUN: We all saw a meteor when we were younger, so we all joined a stargazer forum? Razz
CNA: that works too haha
CNA: possibly... they all got parts of a meteor?
CNA: That split as it was coming into earth?
PUN: That would make sense! Very Happy
CNA: each part has a certain element in it (maybe a bit of their grist type or something)
PUN: Since they break into fragments when the fall to earth
CNA: and maybe bits of other parts
CNA: so they know there must be more of that meteor out there
CNA: and unintentionally find the other possessors of the parts through sburb
CNA: even if not, just meteor bits xD

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordJ on August 27th 2013, 8:47 pm

In that case, we should suggest "Meteor Fragment" as a base item

OverlordJ
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 27th 2013, 8:48 pm

OverlordJ wrote:In that case, we should suggest "Meteor Fragment" as a base item
Seconded

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordJ on August 27th 2013, 8:50 pm

I can do it in a bit if noone else wants, feel free to upvote it once it's done either way

OverlordJ
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luminith on August 27th 2013, 8:51 pm

The forum could be related to the topic. Like, meteors or just y'know, space stuff in general. They all get lead there, and as they discuss more, find out that suddenly this guy also has a part of that meteor. It would be a fun little thing to RP and a good way to get some unknown but still sorta Sburb related connection going. c:

OverlordJ wrote:In that case, we should suggest "Meteor Fragment" as a base item
And yeah, thirded.

Luminith
Still not an Admin.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Endless Sea on August 27th 2013, 9:18 pm

nihilisticAstrologaster wrote:The forum could be related to the topic. Like, meteors or just y'know, space stuff in general. They all get lead there, and as they discuss more, find out that suddenly this guy also has a part of that meteor. It would be a fun little thing to RP and a good way to get some unknown but still sorta Sburb related connection going. c:

And yeah, thirded.
Fourth'd.

Also, I will purge that shipping grid. It will die in the flames of Hell, burning for all eternity.

Endless Sea
Still not an Admin.

Coolness : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  creativeChimera on August 27th 2013, 11:50 pm

I just thought about this and I'm surprised no one else has brought it up... but what about the ectobiology? Who's gonna be related to who in the weird roundabout way?

creativeChimera
Still not an Admin.

Land : Baskets and Balls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordJ on August 28th 2013, 12:26 am

Alright peeps, I subbmitted it:

http://www.theoverseerproject.com/submissions.php?view=3575

OverlordJ
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 28th 2013, 1:14 am

Here's another idea that I think we're gonna go with!

CUM: well, if we are doing stuff with the meteor
PUN: <--- Knight of Organization
CUM: I could give us all notes( the baby us's)
CUM: telling us to contact eachother at a certain date
FIR4: sure
PUN: We don't know that each other has a rock
PUN: Maybe?
FIR4: a rock?
PUN: I'm sure that could work out
CUM: or just meet at a specific forum (the stargazing one)
CDO: I know you guys have rocks
CUM: Hell, I could give it to our guardians or something
PUN: Mhm
CUM: but the nature of ectobiology means we can set this all up

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yzof on August 28th 2013, 1:15 am

I volunteered and no one said anything against it (overlordJ was okay with it) and, I/we can set something up with the babies that tells us to meet at a website at a certain date. If some characters contact eachother before hand out of curiousity or whatever then that would be up to them.

yzof
Active Smacktive

Coolness : 13
Land : Land of Spandex and Masks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 28th 2013, 8:57 pm

For the whole "Heir of Rage" going on a killing spree thing, I was thinking. What if Nolan got in a situation that he couldn't handle (What, with umbrellakind and having no strife experience whatsoever) and in order to survive it, Rage had to "protect" him, by filling his mind with rage and battle fury? I was thinking that this could force Nolan's actual consciousness out of his body, and into his dream self. So while his body (Now pretty much consumed with anger and the want to kill) is going around, his dream self is trying his darndest to figure out how to get his body back under his control. He would have to master Rage, so to speak, thus fulfilling his role as an Heir of Rage.

Some people in the memo were talking about how the server player could simply cut his house in half before he went through any gates to prevent any damage whatsoever though, what do you guys think?

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinderlin on August 28th 2013, 9:29 pm

Ogaman wrote:For the whole "Heir of Rage" going on a killing spree thing, I was thinking. What if Nolan got in a situation that he couldn't handle (What, with umbrellakind and having no strife experience whatsoever) and in order to survive it, Rage had to "protect" him, by filling his mind with rage and battle fury? I was thinking that this could force Nolan's actual consciousness out of his body, and into his dream self. So while his body (Now pretty much consumed with anger and the want to kill) is going around, his dream self is trying his darndest to figure out how to get his body back under his control. He would have to master Rage, so to speak, thus fulfilling his role as an Heir of Rage.

Some people in the memo were talking about how the server player could simply cut his house in half before he went through any gates to prevent any damage whatsoever though, what do you guys think?
"CBM: so, regardless of the relative ease, any aspect at all could be murderer
CBM: *murderers
CBM: not rage in particular!
PUN: True
CTT: Oy I only got 30 minutes of t'me left. anyone else wanna log with me?
PUN: It's up to the player themselves
PUN: Except in my case Razz
FIR: i could ouo
CTT: Okey-smokes whaddya wanna log about?
PUN: Nolan didn't have the ability to be able to protect himself
CBM: i definitely have to vote against a rage player typecasting their aspect as a murderer
FIR: oh btw, does anyone have a summary of how we would join the session together?
CBM: it just seems annoying to me
FIR: uh... idk, random stuff hehe
CTT: K.
CUM: oh IR
CUM: so far
CBM: and it seems similar to godmodding in that they'd be killing off other people
CUM: I think we are going with the assumtion that
PUN: Permeneant killing would be between the RP'rs discretion
CUM: Most of us have notes given to us
PUN: Remember, this is Sburb
FIR: yes
CUM: That lead us to A forum
PUN: Smoochy lips, Witch of Life
CBM: i understand that, and i don't think many people would have a lot of fun going wow im dead
PUN: Quest Bed
CUM: from their we join in the game
CBM: unless near the quest bed i guess
CUM: though we haven't decided if sburb or whatever is like it was in the trolls session or in the alpha kids session
CBM: and more than a few deaths by one person just seems undramatic and boring
CUM: a unknown game or a major release
CBM: it could be a cycle of revenge killing, though!
CBM: that could turn out pretty interesting
CBM: like, the rage player doesn't understand their aspect fully and misuses it
CUM: and I agree that rage isn't just murder
PUN: Yeah, I can see where you're going with this!
CUM: just like how void isn't just secrets
CBM: another player misunderstands and suspects the worst, and goes after rage
CUM: Rage is also determination
PUN: Could you post it on the forums so it isn't just stuck to the memo?
CBM: light players can blind people or give them sight as well
CBM: in theory, life players could revive or kill people as well!
CUM: Prince of life
CUM: a literal
CUM: Destroys life
CBM: oh thats very true!
CBM: and more than a few deaths by one person just seems undramatic and boring
CUM: a unknown game or a major release
CBM: it could be a cycle of revenge killing, though!
CBM: that could turn out pretty interesting
CBM: like, the rage player doesn't understand their aspect fully and misuses it
CUM: and I agree that rage isn't just murder
PUN: Yeah, I can see where you're going with this!
CUM: just like how void isn't just secrets
CBM: another player misunderstands and suspects the worst, and goes after rage
CUM: Rage is also determination
PUN: Could you post it on the forums so it isn't just stuck to the memo?
CBM: light players can blind people or give them sight as well
PUN: I like the idea more than mine tbh Razz
CUM: post what to the forum?
PUN: BM's idea
FIR: mind players arent just mind games
CBM: in theory, life players could revive or kill people as well!
CUM: Prince of life
CUM: a literal
CUM: Destroys life
CBM: oh thats very true!
CUM: If anyone went on a murder spree
CUM: It would be that dude
CBM: we could pull reversals, as are a favorite switchup in novels
PUN: But yeah, if you could post your idea on the discussion forum, I'd appreciate it! Very Happy
CBM: in madoka magica, magicals girls are supposed to save people and bring happiness
CBM: the writer reverses that, and in turn creates a very interesting dynamic! "

Sinderlin
I Contributed!

Coolness : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 28th 2013, 9:40 pm

Okay, so UM mentioned some very important/cool things about the Rage aspect that I think we all (myself included) need to keep in mind.

Rage:
[05:33] UM: Rage is all about limitation. Whenever you limit your options, you have used Rage in your decision. More broadly, rage is about all negative emotion, and negative emotion is what makes you limit your decisions. For example, anger can make you limit your choices, as can fear and determination. Any limiting of your perspective is a function of Rage, and this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Think of c
[05:33] UM: haracters like Batman, who inspire fear in the hearts of criminals to keep them from acting, or how Jake, as a Hope player, often just could not make his mind when it mattered, causing severe strain on himself and on others around him. Rage also has to do with subjugation and domination of your will over the will of others. Gamzee goes batshit insane and starts killing people so that he can get wh
[05:33] UM: at he wants done and he doesn’t much care about who he has to kill to do so, and Kurloz brainwashes a couple of people so that they can serve the Mirthful Messiahs like he desires.
[05:35] UM: Rage is one of the more pessimistic of the aspects, but negative does not mean bad. It is common to assume that anyone but a Bard or Prince of Rage would be useless, but there are no useless titles and no useless aspects, nor any useless combinations of the two. Rage is heavily focused on the fighting spirit, it being necessary to get troops all whipped up and raring to go before combat can start
[05:35] UM: . Rage primarily deals with limitation of one’s perspective, whether it is on their own (through fear or cowardice) or by somebody else (subjugation and enslavement). Commonly associated with Rage is religion and leadership, though not necessarily exclusively. Rage is the opposite of Hope in negative vs. positive emotions and also limitation versus opening of perspective.

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogaman on August 28th 2013, 9:42 pm

Also, this is what I was using as a model for my character =P

Heir of Rage:
Heir and Rage are two of the things that aren't very well defined in the comic. Most of this will be speculation.

As the Heir's name suggests, great power/fortune is thrust upon them. Possibly, this means that Heirs, like pages, are gifted with amazing powers that can easily surpass most of the other classes. However, this comes at the price of taking a considerably longer to time master their aspect. They display a sort of "uncontrollable" protection from their aspect (as seen in how John dissipates randomly when Jack tried to slice him) Heirs can be seen as masters of manipulating and controlling the purest form of their aspect. One can also see them as the embodiment of their aspect. Rather than simply channeling the aspect, they ARE their aspect. (Again, John dissipating and controlling tornadoes) Rather than knowing about their aspect (like Seers and Mages) they simply "perform" their aspect.

On the other hand, we have Rage. Which, can be seen as one of 2 things: actual rage, or close-mindedness. Like Gamzee, the Rage player would likely be able to channel his anger to go into a Berserker state. However, this comes with the fact that one needs to be angry to be able to harness their power. The close-mindedness is a side-effect of the rage. As Gamzee's only solution to everything for a while was "murder people," one could see it as blinding the player from other options.

This is where the Heir of Rage becomes dangerous. Heirs display little to no control over their aspect early on, making an Heir of Rage over a million times more dangerous than your average Rage player. Rage players already have a lack of control over their aspect as it is. Mixing it with a class that doesn't control its aspect well can be disastrous. As such, an Heir of Rage would be a KILLING machine early on, possibly spelling doom for many of his team mates.

HOWEVER, if the Heir player is able to surpass this and reach his end game, he will be one of the most powerful players in existence. An Heir's end-game mastery over their aspect means that the Heir of Rage has full control and mastery over Rage. This means that he can go into a sort of "controlled-Berserk" mode whenever he wishes, gaining the full effect of going regular Berserk without any of the drawbacks. They have full control over their actions, making them a good end-game class, provided that their team mates aren't all dead from their uncontrollable early-game rage.

Ogaman
Active Smacktive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top